- What are the range of courses offered in your open course catalogue?
We don't offer an open course catalogue instead we provide in house training for clients to match their specific needs. We can source open courses where required as part of our training management support.
- Do you provide access to other methods e.g. e-learning, performance coaching, tailored e- learning, language training?
Yes we offer a full suite of additional training interventions around key strategic skill areas;
- Leadership and Management development, Behavioural from individual coaching and mentoring sessions with Occupational Psychologists up to large roll out programmes such as diversity awareness training to 15,000 delegates.
- Technical training ranging from Health & Safety through to specialised skills such as welding, fluid power and robotics
- Chartered programmes such as CIMA/ CIPS and language training prior to long term overseas assignments
- Do you support clients with Training Needs Analysis?
From an initial training needs analysis, determining the appropriate courses and selecting training providers, our experts design bespoke programmes in alignment with your employees’ needs. This approach has consistently proven to increase return on training investment.
- Do we have to buy the 'full service', or can we work with TOTC on a discreet area?
We are happy to match the client’s demand, from a requirement to run a specific training course for a single cohort of learners, through to a full and comprehensive L & D outsourced solution.
- Can you manage closed internal and external events?
We have a full ‘back office’ capability that is structured around the full management of internal (and when required external) events. This ranges from: venue, delegate, trainer, course material management to invoicing all suppliers to the event i.e. leaving you with one point of contact for the whole event
- Do you provide a customised learning management system for tracking of training undertaken?
Yes we have an Oracle based Learning Management System that provides a web based portal. It also provides and extensive range of Management Information including full training records
- Do you provide on line authorisation by delegates line manager for spend/attendance?
Our LMS provides this functionality through an easy to use GUI (graphical user interface). As a result all training spend has to be authorised and allows full transparency of costs to the manager. The authorising levels can be modified to reflect changing processes within the client.
- What processes in place for demand planning?
Typically we run a forward looking event calendar up to 6 months in advance. This acts as the master timetable between ourselves and the client and allows us to schedule most of the catalogue for the forthcoming period.
- What management information do you supply and how frequently?
Based on our LMS we can provide a wide range of MI to suit our clients’ needs. These are typically derived from a Key performance indicator structure on a monthly basis and then rolled up into an 'executive' level report on a quarterly basis. The list is long but we have included a sample of a number of KPI’s below:
- Stage 1 Evaluation summaries
- Classes below minimum
- Cancelled classes
- Late delegate cancellations
- Current Waitlist
- No. of classes-registrations
- Central Client Order, TOTC revenue
- Central Client order TOTC supplier payment performance
- Achieved cost reductions
- Revenue – Local run
- Delegate days –local run
- Revenue – Open Courses
- Delegate days – Open Courses
- What processes are in place for workshop evaluations and quality assurance?
TOTC operate a Kirkpatrick approach to evaluation and feedback .The systematic approach that TOTC take towards the delivery of its projects to its clients ensures that not only is the training delivered effectively but that there is a measurable change in performance and an effective ROI to the business. Typically our clients will use a mixture of hard results i.e. a competency based exam or assessment as well as ‘softer’ measures. Therefore Kirkpatrick is considered to be the best evaluation process for this combination of training solutions.
- What processes do you have in place for service improvement?
TOTC currently operates under an approved ISO framework .The organisation has spent considerable time developing policies and procedures aimed at simplifying the operational framework and introducing best practice. TOTC achieved formal ISO9001:2000 registration in June 2007 and achieved revalidation in September 2008 and 2009.
- Can you facilitate any funding to support our investment?
TOTC offer funding drawdown from key government and industry agencies to support our customers
- What are typical cost savings for courses?
As an approximate guide we would aim to achieve a 30% reduction
- Are you vendor neutral?
TOTC is vendor neutral which gives our clients the best independent advice, cost saving and supply opportunities
- How many suppliers do you manage?
We currently work with around 500 training suppliers. All have been through a robust selection process and undergo annual checks for quality and compliance with our purchasing conditions.